Summary of our company information, registered office and trading names.
DEPARTMENT OF COFFEE AND SOCIAL AFFAIRS
Department of Coffee and Social Affairs Limited is a registered company in England and Wales and is incorporated under English law.
The registered address of Department of Coffee and Social Affairs Limited is Suite C, 4-6 Canfield Place, London, England, NW6 3BT. The company registration number is 6988963. The VAT number is GB 102 2772 56.
In addition to Department of Coffee and Social Affairs, we also trade under the names of our shops.
Terms in relation to communication via email and other electronic formats.
When you interact with us on our sites, pages and profiles or send us emails, you are communicating with us electronically. We may communicate with you by email, phone or by posts on our websites, pages or profiles.
Dept. Cold Brew Coffee regularly uses email and other electronic communications to correspond internally and with employees, suppliers and other parties such as interested members of the public. In many cases, communications are intended for specific recipients. All addressed communications are provided in confidence and are not to be communicated to a broader audience. If you are the unintended recipient of an addressed communication from Dept. Cold Brew Coffee, staff or associated parties, you should inform the sender and delete all copies of the communication.
For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing insofar as to not affect your statutory rights.
WEBSITE INFORMATION AND TERMS
Information and terms of accessing website owned by Coffeesmiths and our profiles and pages on third party sites.
ABOUT THE TERMS
Access to and use of our websites both within the UK and internationally is provided by Dept. Cold Brew Coffee. Access to and use of our profiles and pages on third party sites are provided by third parties and governed by their terms in addition to our own terms and maintains a range of profiles and/or pages on third party websites, including Instagram.
We provide regular updates via these profiles and pages, so they are a good way to stay in touch with us. We invite you to connect with us on our profiles or pages.
The terms of access and use of our websites, profiles and pages on third party sites are:
- By using our websites, pages or profiles on third party sites, you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of one of our sites, profiles or pages on a third party site. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to our sites, profiles or pages.
- Dept. Cold Brew Coffee may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of our sites, profiles or pages will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using our website and our profiles and pages on third party sites.
Use of our site, profiles and pages
- You agree to use our sites, profiles and pages only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe on the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of our sites, profiles and pages on third party sites.
- We offer our sites, profiles and pages and their contents solely for personal, non-business-to-business use, including the online purchase of merchandise. No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, downloaded, or distributed for anything other than personal, non-commercial use.
- Unless otherwise noted, all material appearing on this site, including images, text, designs, logos, graphics, software, and the selection, assembly, and arrangement of these elements, are the property of The Coffeesmiths Collective. Any unauthorised use of this site may violate copyright, trademark, and/or other applicable laws and could result in criminal penalties. There are other trademarks mentioned within this site that are the property of other owners. You should contact the respective owners for more information regarding their trademarks.
Contributions to The Coffeesmiths Collective
- By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with Dept. Cold Brew Coffee you agree to grant to Dept. Cold Brew Coffee, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for our communications.
- Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
- In order that Dept. Cold Brew Coffee can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give Dept. Cold Brew Coffee permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
- We normally show your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for operational reasons this is not always possible. Dept. Cold Brew Coffee may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects.
- If you do not want to grant Dept. Cold Brew Coffee the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to our site, profiles or pages on third party sites.
Blog posts, feeds and comments
- You agree to use blog posts, feeds, and comments in accordance with the following rules. These apply across all our maintained sites, profiles and services. You should, however, also read the other sites’ specific terms of service as there may be additional terms of service.
- Please remember that any information you disclose in a public forum or community areas becomes public information and is immediately accessible to other users, so it is important for you to carefully consider what, if any, personal information you reveal in these areas.
- Contributions must be civil, tasteful, spam-free, lawful and free from advertising or promotion.
- The Coffeesmiths Collective reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any login or registration, at any time, for any reason.If you’re under 16:
- Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any discussion on either departmentofcoffee.com or our profiles and pages on third party sites.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
If you feel that a post or comment is in breach of these rules, please contact email@example.com
Some of the content posted on our sites, profiles and pages is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Dept. Cold Brew Coffee. A number of person(s) associated with Dept. Cold Brew Coffee are also able to post comments on our sites, profiles and pages. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Dept. Cold Brew Coffee. Dept. Cold Brew Coffee is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on our sites, profiles or pages or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible from our site. Any links to third party websites from our site do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Dept. Cold Brew Coffee and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
- Dept. Cold Brew Coffee does not warrant that functions available on our site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that our sites or the server(s) that makes them available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
Terms and conditions of sale
Terms and condition for purchases from our online shop and other mail order methods.
Dept. Cold Brew Coffee primarily sells to United Kingdom and European Union addresses. We are only able to accept orders in this region through the online shop.
We are able to ship select items, by prior arrangement, to key international destinations.
For full information on delivery destinations, methods and time frames, as well as our return and exchange process, please read our Deliveries, Exchanges & Returns information.
Taxes & duties
VAT is applied to relevant products on orders to the UK and all EU destinations. You will automatically be emailed a VAT receipt.
For destinations outside of the European Union, we may be able to sell products excluding VAT. Any VAT charges are clearly shown in your quotation. However, import duties might apply on the product’s entry to the destination country. You are responsible for all import duties, taxes and any administration charges. These charges vary by country and we recommend you contact your local customs office for specific information.
Dept. Cold Brew Coffee takes out insurance for products in transit until it is delivered to you. At this point responsibility for your items passes to you. If you are not the receiver of your purchase – for example, in the case of a gift order – then the person who receives the package at the delivery address is responsible for the items.
If your items are damaged in transit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You are able to cancel your order any time up to the point of shipping for a full refund. To cancel your order, please email us at email@example.com. If your item(s) have already been shipped you will be required to return the items under the Returns Process.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, it is possible to return the item(s) for exchange or a refund. Items must be returned to us in saleable condition within 14 days of delivery with a copy your receipt. Please read the Exchange and Return Process, which form part of these terms and conditions.
Refunds will be issued to your original payment method within 14 days of receipt. We are commonly able to process refunds in five working days.
Please note that we are not able to refund or credit shipping charges and that we are only able to accept returns of coffee if it is defective. This does not affect your statutory rights.
For options on how to return or exchange items, please read Deliveries & Returns.